Thursday 10th April
Strava
After failing to get out yesterday due to horrendous weather and me just generally feeling a bit crap, I really had no other choice but to lace up, water proof up, and brave the rain.
Thankfully by the time I'd got changed and ready to set off the rain had eased to more of a heavy shower, which was acutally quite pleasant. It really kept me nice and cool inside my waterproof, in which I generally overheat.
Parts of the run were pretty treacherous underfoot though. Running on sodden wooden planks I could see myself face planting on each step.
But overall, given my lack of energy lately, the run felt surprisingly good. I felt like my legs were back to normal and they were turning over at a pretty good rate.
So I knocked off 5.8k (although I know it was longer but my Garmin didn't start until about 500m in) at 4:56/km.
Month to Date : 54.9km
Year to Date: 611.8km
Tuesday 8th April
Strava
Since deciding the big one is going to be Easter Saturday I've been left feeling pretty anxious and it's starting to have an effect on me. I'm getting tired and muscles are starting to ache, like my neck, which is really causing me some grief, especially yesterday.
What better way to release some pent up stress than getting out for a nice run at lunch. I hadn't run such a short distance in quite a while. 5k, I'm not even warmed up! But, that's what the next couple of weeks are all about. Just keeping the legs ticking away and looking after myself.
So it was an easy 5.2k @ 4:56/km.
Month to Date : 49.1km
Year to Date: 606km
No comments:
Post a Comment